Please report all issues at: https://github.com/freelawproject/recap This site will be deleted soon.

View in Chrome fails: content.js:183 Failed to execute 'replaceState' on 'History': 2 arguments required, but only 1 present.

RECAP is throwing a javascript error which makes it impossible to view paid documents. This is with Chrome 44.0.2358.0 canary (64-bit) on MacOS 10.10.2 (Yosemite), i.e. latest stuff. RECAP recently stopped working and no changes to my Chrome environment other than auto updates from Google.

If I click on a docket entry for a paid view of the document, I get the "Transaction Receipt" screen advising of the charges. If I then click "View Document", the document is not downloaded. Instead, the console log shows the javascript error:

content.js:183 Uncaught TypeError: Failed to execute 'replaceState' on 'History': 2 arguments required, but only 1 present.

Is there another forum for bug reporting? Thanks for making RECAP and for expanding tools to access to the "freed" documents. Where would we be if not for the internet.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Michael GreensponMichael Greenspon shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RECAP AdminAdminRECAP Admin (Admin, RECAP) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Michael,

This looks like a major bug. Some additional information would be helpful. Can you please tell me:

- Which version of RECAP you have installed?
        - What link you were trying to download when you encountered the issue?

I've gotten this filed on our issue tracker, here: https://github.com/freelawproject/recap-chrome/issues/18

If you're interested in following along as we fix it, the usual thing to do is to just reply to the issue with a +1, and then you'll get updates.

Thanks again for reporting this. Looks like a major problem.

Mike

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base